Call for Papers
The 13th International Symposium on Human Capital and Labor Markets
Celebrating Release of the China Human Capital Report 2021
China Center for Human Capital and Labor Market Research (CHLR)
Central University of Finance and Economics
December 10-11, 2021
The conference will mark the release of the 13th annual China Human Capital Report-2021. It will feature distinguished keynote speeches, plenary and parallel sessions on critical topics related to human capital and labor markets on December 11 preceded by an onsite reception on December 10 if the situation permits. The meeting will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual event.
Keynote Speaker—Professor Eric Hanushek
Professor Eric Hanushek, Paul and Jean Hanna Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University, and Winner of the 2021 Yidan Prize, the world’s highest education accolade. He is a member of the National Academy of Education and a fellow of the Society of Labor Economists. He is internationally recognized for his economic analysis of educational issues. His research has generated broad influence on education policy in both developed and developing countries.
Specially Invited Discussants
Professor Steven Lehrer
Steven Lehrer, Professor of Economics at Queen’s University. His research interests are in econometrics and quantitative methods, labor economics, health economics, education and welfare. He is the Associate Editor for Empirical Economics, Canadian Public Policy and Journal of the Royal Statistical Society.
Professor Fangwen Lu
Fangwen Lu is a Professor of Economics at Renmin University of China. Her research interests are in field experiment, labor economics, development economics, and behavioral economics. She publishes refereed articles in mainstream economic and management journals such as Management Science, Journal of Public Economics, Journal of Labor Economics, Journal of Development Economics, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, and Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. She received the award of the Changjiang Young Scholars Program by the Ministry of Education.
We invite submission of individual papers. Topics dealing with broad areas of human capital and labor markets are all welcome.
· Submit an extended abstract (400-500 words in English) no later than November 14, 2021 online at: http://editorialexpress.com/conference/2021CHLR
· Each session consists of papers and discussants.
· Notification of decision will be announced in late November.
· All papers accepted for presentation must be submitted by December 3 so that discussants will have enough time to prepare comments.
China Economic Review Special Issue
· All submissions accepted for presentation will be eligible for submission to a Special Issue of China Economic Review.
Information on Past Conferences
· Check the website: http://humancapital.cufe.edu.cn/en/Conference_/A_Brief_Introduction_to_CHLR.htm
· Please check the CHLR website for updated information: http://humancapital.cufe.edu.cn/
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
· Call CHLR office (Ms. Rong Huang or Ms. Shujia Zhao), 010-6228-8298
Haizheng Li (Chair), Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology
Belton Fleisher (Co-Chair), Professor Emeritus, Ohio State University and CHLR
Zhiqiang Liu, (Co-Chair), Professor, SUNY at Buffalo
Cynthia A. Bansak, Professor, St. Lawrence University and CHLR
Barbara Fraumeni, Professor Emeritus, University of Southern Maine and CHLR
Sophie Wang, Associate Professor (Ph.D., Simon Fraser University), CHLR
Fanzheng Yang, Associate Professor (Ph.D., Iowa State University), CHLR
Ning Jia, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., University of Notre Dame), CHLR
Nina Yin, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., Toulouse School of Economics), CHLR
Chen Huang, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., University of Arizona), CHLR
Yulong Chen, Assistant Professor (Ph.D. Iowa State University), CHLR
Yi Zhang, Assistant Professor, (Ph.D., Tilburg University), CHLR
Xianfang Xiong, Assistant Professor, (Ph.D., Hunan University), CHLR